How Can I Celebrate Losing Baby Teeth?
Losing a baby tooth is always an exciting milestone to celebrate. It’s also an excellent opportunity to tap into your child’s imagination and emphasize the importance of oral hygiene care. Here are some “tooth fairy” ideas to celebrate these magical moments and set the stage for healthy smiles for life.
When Will Your Child’s Baby Teeth Fall Out?
Your child will lose the first tooth around age 6 or 7. They typically fall out in the order they came in, so the first to go are usually the lower front teeth, followed by the upper front teeth. You’ll continue seeing new gaps form in your child’s smile until around age 10 – 12.
Creating a Tooth Fairy Tradition
You’ll need to brainstorm ideas and traditions to celebrate each lost tooth before the first one falls out. One of the ways to do that is by creating a tooth fairy kit. The following are some things you can include:
- Tooth Container: You can personalize and decorate a small container to store your little one’s lost tooth and place it under the pillow. One day you’ll pass this keepsake to your child, and you’ll have magical memories to share.
- Tooth Pillow: Another option to keep a tooth safe while waiting for the tooth fairy to arrive is to create a tooth-shaped pillow. Make sure to include a pocket or two to deliver notes to the fairy or treats for your child.
- Tooth Fairy Letters: Collect tooth fairy stationary or design your own using fancy paper and glitter for fairy dust. A tooth fairy note encouraging your little one to brush and floss can go a long way.
- Tooth Fairy Stationery: Have some colorful stationery or create some with your child to draw pictures or write notes to the tooth fairy. You may have your child brag about caring for those pearly whites.
- Healthy Habits Awards: Tooth fairies love healthy teeth and may stop by even without a tooth being lost. They are known to drop off awards and encouraging notes when they see children caring for their teeth the way they should.
- Fairy Tooth Care Kit: Tooth fairies love healthy teeth and often leave behind tooth care kits instead of or along with a dollar bill. These may include new toothbrushes, dental floss, and some healthy snacks.
- Use Your Imagination: Use your imagination to celebrate losing a baby tooth in a way that’s unique to your family. Create healthy treats for the tooth fairy, read a bedtime tooth fairy story, or call the tooth fairy on the phone. The possibilities are endless!
- Have a Game or Movie Night: Take time with your family to kick back, relax, and enjoy game time or a favorite movie. Those precious milestones in your child’s life are wonderful opportunities to celebrate and create magical memories.
Quality Pediatric Dentistry Near Me in Glendale, AZ
Contact Smile Explorers Pediatric Dentistry to learn more about establishing healthy dental hygiene habits for a lifetime of healthy smiles. Our kid-friendly team looks forward to supporting your child’s oral health every step of the way. Call us and schedule your appointment today!